We all know that one size doesn’t always fit all. As a content creator, you may find that the most common social media platforms just don’t provide what you need. Whether you’re a streamer, photographer, small business or content creator, there is a unique and stylish app out there designed for those in your field. Let’s take a look at our recommendations for alternative social media platforms!
Alternative Social Media Platforms For Creators & Small Businesses: Our Top 5 Picks
Ello started out life similarly to Facebook. It has since grown into a platform more comparable to Pinterest, focusing on art, fashion, photography and culture. You can also collaborate with other like-minded creators and share your creations.
- No ads or privacy threats
- Collaborative elements – you can collaborate, work with or even hire other creators
- Only need a username, so you don’t have to use your real name
- Aesthetic and unique creations from creators globally
This one is great for small (or new) businesses! Nextdoor allows you to connect with users that are close by. You can interact and chat to those that are in your neighborhood, which is great for building up an invested customer base. Users can exchange recommendation, browse local news and public service updates and greet newcomers in your area!
- All neighbors are verified and must provide proof of where they live
- 1 in 5 Americans are using Nextdoor
- You can sign up as a Business owner / account and promote your business
ArtStation was launched in 2014, and has established itself as a great place for professional 2D and 3D artists to post their profiles. If you are working within games, film, media and entertainment (or are aspiring to), some employers encourage and expect you to be posting on ArtStation!
- Stylish interface
- Focuses on helping artists become independent by providing exposure to job opportunities
- Both Free and Paid plans available
The Dots is known as the ‘LinkedIn for creatives’. With companies such as Google, Sony Pictures, Warner Music, VICE and more using it as a recruiting tool, it’s safe to say it’s leaving its mark! Besides job-hunting, you can also connect with other creatives, collaborate and keep up to date on latest events.
- Aesthetic and well-designed
- Can post your work to gain traction
- Tons of job opportunities you can apply for
- Collaboration and a network of creatives to engage with
Caffeine.tv is a platform build by ex-Apple designers. The platform allows you to host live broadcasts, interact with audiences and stream video games. Similarly to Twitch, Caffeine has also launched a monetization program to reward engaged users. It is growing steadily, with investments from 21st Century Fox, and it even hosted the 2019 X Games in Aspen.
- Growing amount of users
- Monetization opportunities
- Easy to set up livestreams – you just need a webcam and mic
- Partnership program
How Audiosocket Can Help
Whether you are livestreaming gaming, creating a YouTube video or creating an advertisement for your business, you will most likely need music! That’s where Audiosocket can help.
If you are looking for authentic, top-quality music for your project, why not check out Audiosocket? Your content deserves the best, so sign up today and access 85,000+ songs to bring your vision to life! You can access Audiosocket’s music catalog for just $15 a month as a Personal creator. Not only that, but this allows you to license an unlimited number of tracks at no additional cost. Talk about win-win!