You may have heard of branded content, but you might be surprised to hear that this covers various formats, mediums and can be created in various ways. Join us to take a look at what branded content is, and how it can help your business or brand. Let’s jump in!
What Is Branded Content?
Branded content is often confused with content marketing, product placement and more. So, here’s what this type of content actually is:
- Content that is linked to your brand, but not necessarily about your brand. It could say more about your brand values than your products or services, for example.
- It sells your business without coming across as ‘spammy’ or intense
- This type of content generates brand awareness, mentioning your brand, featuring your logo or various other options
- Valuable, and allows audiences to get something out of it
- Compelling and often involves great storytelling to connect with audiences emotionally
Examples Of Branded Content
As mentioned above, this type of marketing is more about providing value or creating a connection with the viewer or audience rather than pedaling products or services. A lot of this type of content is all around us, but takes some thinking to realize that’s what it is.
Some examples include the Lego Movie (a genius move to create an entire movie filled with memorable characters that just happens to naturally promote Lego throughout), this article sponsored by Netflix’s Orange Is The New Black, and remember when Coca-Cola put people’s names on their bottles? Yep, that is branded content, too!
Why Is Branded Content Important?
This type of content can help boost your business or brand in lots of ways, so let’s take a look at some!
1. Earn Word OF Mouth Referrals
Word of mouth referrals are truly the most sought after in the marketing world. That’s because people trust people – especially family, friends, co-workers and so on. In fact, 92% of shoppers trust recommendations from friends and family more than any other form of marketing and advertising. Luckily, branded content is a great way to skyrocket these types of referrals.
That’s because this type of content creates a more personal connect and generates brand awareness, making sure your brand sticks in people’s minds. Whether the content is informative, educational or entertaining, if it’s compelling, audiences will share it and check out your brand, recommending it to others along the way!
2. Customer Loyalty
Customer retention is just as important as attracting new customers, and content is a great way of deepening customer relationships to encourage further sales and brand loyalty.
Making great content will:
- Remind existing customers who you are, what you stand for (and that you exist!)
- Show them different sides to your brand (what new things you have to offer, what further knowledge or value you can provide and so on)
- Create a stronger emotional connection, encouraging brand loyalty and great word of mouth referrals
3. Increase Sales
This type of marketing isn’t necessarily about driving instant sales, but naturally, your sales will increase if you’re providing value and getting your name out there. As audiences become invested in your brand, what you stand for and what you have to offer, extra sales are a pleasant side effect from branded marketing.
Final Thoughts & How Audiosocket Can Help
This article is all about how marketing can help your business thrive and reach as many potential customers as possible. If you’re planning on creating content for your business such as website content, YouTube videos, podcasts and so on, it’s time to start planning aspects like music. That’s where we can help!
If you are looking for authentic, top-quality music for your project, why not check out Audiosocket? Your content deserves the best, so sign up today and access 80,000+ songs to bring your vision to life!If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to check out our articles on affiliate marketing, small business marketing strategies and creating corporate videos!